Integrating your Arlo doorbell with Alexa simplifies the management of your smart home.
However, you may encounter issues connecting the two devices due to a variety of factors.
Here are eight simple solutions if your Arlo doorbell does not operate with Alexa:
- Download the most recent version of the Arlo application.
- Reset your Arlo doorbell.
- Remove the Arlo skill from the Alexa app.
- Change the video resolution of the doorbell to 1080.
- Increase your network connection’s speed.
- Utilize distinct Alexa instructions.
- Reset the Wi-Fi settings on your Echo.
- Contact an Arlo administrator.
This essay will outline eight solutions for synchronizing your Arlo doorbell with Alexa and other Amazon products.
I’ll also explain why your doorbell may be malfunctioning so you can locate the source of the issue.
1: Download the Most Recent Version of the Arlo Application
This less than two-minute approach may be essential for linking your gadgets.
The Arlo doorbell will function even if your smartphone app is outdated. However, the outdated application may contain issues that prevent you from connecting to Alexa.
Use the most recent Arlo doorbell app to see whether the issue is resolved.
2: Reset Your Arlo Doorbell
In most cases, resetting the Arlo device will resolve the problem.
The following steps can be used to reset your video doorbell:
- Select the release pin that comes with the original packaging of your doorbell. You can substitute with a paperclip or hairpin.
- Detach the Arlo device from the wall and locate the reset button on the device’s rear.
- Press and hold the button for approximately 15 seconds using the pin. Upon completion of the reset, the LED ring will flash.
After resetting the doorbell, re-add it to your account. The following measures will aid:
- log in to my.arlo.com.
- Select Add New Device from the page’s footer.
- Navigate to the Arlo Doorbell settings.
- Follow the on-screen directions.
3: Reset the Arlo Skill in the Alexa application
Verify that you have the most recent version of Alexa before resetting the Arlo software. If you are uncertain about how to update the application, the following websites will assist you:
Afterwards, you must deactivate the Arlo Skill:
- This is possible through the Skills & Games tab. Notably, removing the Arlo Skill in Alexa will not delete your devices from the Arlo app or change any settings. Remember to deactivate the Arlo devices that are attached to your Alexa devices.
- After a little delay, reinstall the Arlo Skill.
- You must have your password available to effectively link Alexa. You may reset your Arlo password from your web browser if you forget it.
- After logging in, you will be invited to connect your doorbell.
4: Change the video resolution of the doorbell to 1080
Occasionally, you receive an error message stating that your camera is not responding, despite the fact that you are certain it is linked to Alexa.
This may be due to the video not being in a resolution that Alexa can recognize.
To remedy this issue, navigate to the configuration menu of the Arlo app and change the resolution to 1080. If this setting does not restore the video, try experimenting with various modes.
5: Increase Your Network Connection Speed
If you’ve added the Arlo Skill to your Alexa app, but it’s not working, you may be encountering a network connectivity issue.
Ensure your home signal is strong, and if it is not, increase it using one of the following methods:
Utilize network extenders.
- Confirm the name of the network. When entering the code into the Arlo app, verify that it is an exact match, as you may be connected to a weaker network.
- Consider placing your WiFi router close to your doorbell to boost signal strength.
- Additionally, the following techniques can enhance the signal on your Alexa-enabled device:
- Restart the device.
- Turn off all electrical devices that interfere with the transmission, including microwaves.
- Reset the device to factory defaults.
Wherever Possible, Join a 2.4GHz Network
When utilizing an Arlo doorbell, a 2.4GHz network is optimal.
This frequency’s signals travel more easily through walls, resulting in a stronger reception at your doorbell location.
In addition, it is preferable to have your Alexa-enabled device connected to the same 2.4GHz WiFi network as your Arlo doorbell.
Note that the Arlo doorbell requires an Internet connection with a minimum bandwidth of 2 Mbps. If you are uncertain about your Internet speed, you can use Speed Test to determine it for free.
If your home network cannot handle Arlo, contact your internet service provider to schedule an update.
Moreover, if numerous devices use the 2.4GHz band, the following recommendations will assist prevent Wi-Fi interference:
- Remove your wireless router from other routers, appliances, and thick construction materials.
- Unplug video game controllers, speakers, and other household devices when not in use.
- Avoid placing too many wireless gadgets in close proximity.
- Consider using a distinct wireless frequency for additional devices.
- Upgrade the firmware of the router.
6: Utilize Various Alexa Commands
Another reason Alexa might not display the camera feed is if your orders are incorrect.
You must be explicit when interacting with Alexa. In particular, the command must contain the correct camera name.
Tap the Devices icon at the bottom of the Alexa app and look for the name of your Arlo camera. Then employ it.
The following are few correct commands:
- Alexa, display the Arlo [device];
- Alexa, display the [camera name] Arlo stream.
- Alexa, display the Arlo video doorbell stream.
Under the Devices menu, you may also alter the name of your device to something more memorable. Tap the camera icon, select Edit Name, then save the new title.
7: Reset Wi-Fi settings on your Echo
If you are utilizing Alexa on Amazon Echo, the speaker’s network settings may be at fault.
You may reset your Echo’s Wi-Fi settings by pushing and holding the reset button until the orange light ring illuminates.
This signifies the device is in setup mode, and you can repeat the activation procedure and select your Wi-Fi network using the Alexa app.
If you own an Echo Show, you will not see this button. However, the Mute and Volume Down keys can be held until the Amazon logo shows. After 15 seconds, the configuration menu will appear.
8: Contact a Moderator for Arlo
There is a forum for Arlo with helpful support agents where you may seek assistance with Alexa’s issues. Simply navigate to the landing page and click the Ask a Question link.
You can also create a new forum topic:
- Select New Discussion from the menu drop-down. A subject selection window will display.
- Choose the best option for your type of article.
- Provide a subject, model number, and brief problem description.
- Enter your model in the Model field.
- Choose a suitable label.
- In the Body area, include as much detail as possible about the problem or question.
Include the following information in your post to maximize the likelihood that community members will respond:
- Error messages
- Device and operating system versions
- Previous troubleshooting techniques
Verify Whether Arlo Is Having Problems
Occasionally, the Arlo server may suffer problems that result in connectivity issues as well as others, such as:
- a malfunctioning camera.
- a constant loss of connection.
- a malfunctioning app.
When you first visit the forum, you should conduct a search for recent update bugs or server crashes. You should also check Arlo’s homepage for any web-based announcements.